- Heat cast iron pan on stovetop on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Crack egg in a small bowl
- Add butter to the cast iron pan and swirl around to coat the cooking surface.
- Carefully pour the egg into the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- For Sunny Side up: Cook egg for 2 minutes. Then cover with a lid and cook until the whites are completely opaque.
- For Eggs over: Cook egg for 2 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the egg and cook for 30 seconds to a minute. Tip: Tilt the pan up with one hand to help the egg slide onto the spatula.
- The yolk will firm up the longer it is cooked. Cook egg to preferred doneness. Serve with toast and hot sauce.