- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 5 cups roasted chicken stock
- 1 pound cooked Black Beans
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro, chopped
- Fresno chili, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green part only)
- In your Dream Cooker, select Saute/Sear as your cooking mode. With the lid open, heat oil using the Medium temperature setting. Add onion, carrot, and celery. Stir and cook until softened. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the veggies are slightly browned.
- Stir in the vinegar, scraping the bottom of the pot to release any brown bits. Silicone or wooden utensils only please!
- Add in stock and bring to a boil, then add in the beans from the previous recipe.
- Switch the Dream Cooker to Slow Cook. Select Low as your temperature, close the lid, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until beans are tender.
- Once cooking is complete, carefully remove the inner cooking pot. Blend the soup in batches until smooth using a vented blender. If the soup is too thick, add in a bit more stock. Season and adjust to taste.
- Add soup to bowls and garnish with cilantro, fresno chili, and green onion.