Meet the Tahdig Trio.
Our newest Traditionware® Collection is a love letter to tahdig, the crispy rice at the bottom of the pot that is the heart of Iranian cuisine.
Our Noosh-e-Joon Platter is the first-of-its-kind — made for tahdig or any recipe that needs a 180° flip. Our cotton Damkoni absorbs moisture for the crispiest rice. And the key ingredient, saffron, is our gift to get you started.
- Ceramic stoneware platter that nests perfectly on top of Always Pan.
- Lightweight, with two handles for an easy flip. (Use oven mitts, inner pan handles will be hot!)
- Inscribed with Persian calligraphy by artist Parinaz Bahadori: "Noosh-e-Joon" or “may it nourish your soul” — a sweet reminder before you flip and a beautiful reveal when your meal is finished.
- Store it on top of your Always Pan while not in use for easy (and pretty!) storage.
- Glossy finish for easy cleaning.
- Made by hand.
- 10.2" diameter, 1.36" height.
- Soaks up excess moisture for the crispiest rice.
- 100% cotton with soft cotton batting.
- Custom fit for Always Pan lid (Hold lid by top knob. The rest of the lid will be hot!)
- Embroidered with a saffron flower pattern.
- Easy knot closure that keeps fabric away from heat source.
- Comes in four nature-inspired color combinations (Nowruz is a celebration of nature, after all!)
- Made by hand.
- 10⅝ diameter.
- Persian saffron from one of the world’s top purveyors, Heray Spice, a family-owned co-op.
- Hand-harvested in Afghanistan, bottled in IL, USA
- Glass bottle with cork lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place away from the stove or other heat source for ultimate freshness.
- 0.7g, 1.97” height.
- Oven and microwave safe up to 450˚F. (Careful when taking out! Ceramic will be hot.)
- Dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing for best results.
- Always avoid extreme temperature changes.
- When ready to serve, nest platter on top of Always Pan with artwork facing down. Hold pan and platter handles on both sides with oven mitts and flip!
- To attach, hold Always Pan lid by knob on top and slip Damkoni over.
- Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry.