Yield: 8 cups
1 pound turkey giblets (neck, gizzard, and heart)
- 3 pounds turkey wings and/or carcasses
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large celery ribs, diced
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Lay out turkey bones and giblets on a sheet pan and place in the oven. Roast the bones until nicely browned, about 45 minutes.
- After the bones and giblets have roasted, place them in a large pot with all remaining stock ingredients. Add enough cold water to cover all ingredients in the pot. Place on a medium high heat and bring up to a gentle simmer. As the stock cooks, skim off foam that accumulates on the surface.
- Cook stock for 5-6 six hours and then strain out through a fine mesh sieve into a large heat proof container. Allow the stock to cool to room temperature, stirring the stock will speed up this process. Cover and refrigerate.