1 pound chicken wings, mix of drumettes and flats
For the dry rub:
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Korean chili powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground fennel seeds
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
½ ground turmeric
2 teaspoons kosher salt
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white vinegar
12 ounce bottle of hot sauce (we recommend Frank’s)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
1 bunch thinly sliced green onions, just the greens
½ cup crumbled blue cheese (we recommend Point Reyes)
Blue cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F on Air Fry.
- In a large bowl, mix together ingredients for the dry rub. Add in chicken wings and toss to coat. Drizzle in about 1 tablespoon avocado oil and toss to coat again.
- Arrange wings on the air fryer basket (note: this may require 2 batches). Place the air fryer basket in the top position with the bake pan in the bottom position. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 10 mL (2 teaspoons) of water into the water inlet and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, turn the temperature to 425°F and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the wings are golden brown and crispy.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. In your Mini Perfect Pot or Mini Always Pan, add all dry ingredients from garlic powder through brown sugar. Place on medium heat and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until the pan gets very fragrant.
- Add in the vinegar and cook until bubbles appear. Add in hot sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and whisk butter in until it has fully melted and mixed in with the sauce.
- When the wings are done cooking, place them in the large bowl. Drizzle with sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle in some green onions and blue cheese crumbles, then toss again and place on a platter to serve. Add more green onion and blue cheese crumbles if you like. Serve with blue cheese dressing.